.Net Web Developer / MS SQL Server Developer/Administrator
Develops custom back-end web applications and user interface applications focused on managing the interchange of data in SQL Server Databases.
- 6 years ASP.NET, VB.NET
- 6 years MS SQL Server Database Administration / Development
- 12+ years PC hardware and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- 4 years Network Administration (Novell & Windows)
- 10 years Technical Support
- 2 years managing software Beta Trials
- Visual Studio 2008/10/12, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Office 2007/10, Adobe Photoshop CS5.1
- Windows 7/VISTA/2003/XP/2000/NT/9x/3.11, MS-DOS, Linux, IIS 7.5, Windows Server 2008 R2
- TCP/IP, Internet Information Service (IIS 6/7.5), Active Directory, Remote Desktop
- Developed an online Job Order, Job Application, Job Matching System to automate
the process of employers posting open job positions, clients entering applications
for positions and staff matching and assigning clients to the positions, using ASP.NET
4.0, Visual Basic 2010 and MS SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Developed Windows XP utilities for staff to remotely monitor online activity and
enforce usage time limits of 100 PCs in three computer resource centers where clients
use our computers for job searching and filling out forms to apply for State Services.
- Improved department efficiency and “clean order” rate 20% by developing
order configuration tools using Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic to configure complex
orders for seven different Nortel PBX Management and Call Center Management applications,
used by over 50 Order Managers in the U.S. and Canada.
Systems Analyst / Programmer; MS SQL Server Database Administrator / Developer
Develop Data Driven Web and Windows applications using ASP.NET 4.0, ADO.NET
and Visual Basic 2010.
Installed, configured and maintain Social Networking and Document Management System
based Corporate Intranet.
Developed T-SQL solution to translate internal MS SQL Server data into compatible
format for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transfer to remote Oracle database.
Distributed Network System Analyst (for WorkForce One Employment Solutions)
Maintained Corporate Intranet. Assisted in database development. Configured import
definitions for Sage MIP Payroll database. Created "Symantec Ghost" images for deployment
to 400 computers. Reduced average daily open trouble ticks from more than 50 to fewer than
30 within 5 months.
Order Engineering System Specialist / Fast Flow Metrics Reporting
Resolved 300 invalid system and software configurations and order “Orders
On Hold” issues per month related to wrong software configuration by correcting
discrepancies between customer Purchase Order, product structure and Nortel’s
- Achieved a 99.7% clean order rate, surpassing 95% target.
- Improved efficiency 75% by Automating creation of 12 daily, weekly and monthly “Orders
On Hold” pivot table reports for all North and South American orders using
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) scripts including Executive level financial
Trend Analysis reports.
Global Customer Care Services/New Product Introduction Engineer
Managed Field Trials (Software Beta Test) of Optivity Telephony Manager for Meridian
1 (OTM) Releases 1.0 and 1.01
- Improved customer satisfaction and efficiency by training 12 technicians to install,
configure and use complex PBX management software.
- Turned 30 customers and distributors into 30 friends by providing first rate technical
- Ensured product readiness for general availability and customer satisfaction by
focusing customers beta testing on relevant software features, evaluating and reporting
trial data and ensuring development team had timely, accurate bug reports.
- Awarded $1000.00 gold level “Pride Award” for outstanding support of
Information Systems Security Manager/System Administrator.
- Developed Certification & Accreditation (C&A) security documentation, Security
Risk Analysis Plan & Procedures for Local Area Network.
- Migrated ship's LAN from NetWare 3.12 to Windows NT 4.0 servers.
- Installed and configured Windows NT 4.0 domain and backup file servers for 200 users.
- Developed new Help Desk and LAN troubleshooting procedures.
- Increased network uptime over 100% by developing Help Desk and LAN troubleshooting
procedures and by training 200 network users.
- Awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal twice for performance and achievements
as Information Systems Security Manager/System Administrator.
Award, 2nd Award
Sonar Technician / Sonar Supervisor / Leading Petty Officer (LPO)
- 10 years' experience as a manager of 24 Sonar Technicians.
- Ensured 99.9% uptime of a multi-suite sonar system and Anti-Submarine Rocket guidance
system through scheduled preventive maintenance and Level 2 (component level) corrective
- Secret Security Clearance.
- Member of the Nuclear Weapons Handling Team
- ASP.NET Programming with Visual Basic
- Advanced ASP.NET Programming with Visual Basic
- Developing Accessible Web Pages
- Programming with XML
- MCSE Courses:
- Installing, Configuring and Administering Windows 2000 Server
- Installing, Configuring and Administering Windows 2000 Professional
- Installing and Configuring Windows NT Server 4.0.
- Supporting Windows NT 4.0 Enterprise Technologies.
- Supporting Windows NT Server 4.0 Core Technology.
- Administering Microsoft Windows 4.0.
Nortel Networks Courses:
- Telecommunications Essentials: Telecommunications Fundamentals
- Telecommunications Essentials: Principles of Digital Telephony
- Telecommunications Essentials: Telephone Network Test
- X11 Basic Database Administration
- Meridian 1 Familiarization
U. S. Navy Schools:
- AN/SQS-26AX(R) Sonar System Level 2 Maintenance
- MK114 Anti-submarine Rocket Fire Control System Level 2 Maintenance
- Low Frequency Analysis and Recording (LOFAR) Gram Analysis
- Synchro/Servo Theory
- Reserve Police Officer's Academy
- Microsoft Certified Product Specialist: MS Windows NT 4.0 Server
- Microsoft Certified Product Specialist: MS Windows NT 4.0 Workstation
- Meridian 1 PBX Basic Database Administration
- 11 Scuba diving certifications, including Rescue Diver, Divemaster, Master Scuba Diver.
programming, mechanical keyboards, scuba diving, camping, swimming, Miniature Pinschers, throwing darts and flint knapping.
(I like to think of my interests as ranging from the "Cutting Edge of Modern Technology" to the "Ancient Technology of Cutting Edges".)